Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the 1967 dimensions, I need to remove rear frame rails, trunk and floor pans and the cowl? I want to keep the body squared so it doesn't sag. Sorry for the two parter, has anyone built a jig? If so can you advise of material used and placed where?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Try this website

Frame

I would carefully plan out what to remove at what stage and not necessarily all at once. You could have big problems as new sheet metal does not fit well and ALWAYS need some tweeking.

The most economical form of jigs can be made from heavy gauge angle stock with with holes. Its the same thing used to install home garage doors but a heavier gauge. You can get it at Lowes. By yourself a box of 1/4-20 x 3/4 bolts, nuts, and washers. Pattern you jigs from what you find on the drawings and the current posiution of your car. Biggest thing is DONT MOVE the car once you began removing structural items like frame rails or floor pans.

Before you do anything, do your homework, buy the do it yourself DVD's, search youtube, and any other information you can find. Learn what NOT to do before you start.
1. Study, understand, and develope a plan.
2. Review plan and study again.
3. Ask experianced people questions
4. Compare all information you find to your plan and review once again. rvise as needed
5. Began with confidence, using caution and patience.

Foot note. Save everything you cut out and throw nothing away till you complete the project. You will find yourself looking back at how a seam or joint was formed or asking your self questions about how something was fitted, joined, positioned, etc.

Please do not fall into the thinking of "Beat to fit, paint to match"

Remember, **** in means.......... **** out.

When your done, send your scrap to be recycled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts