Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a disk brake kit for my car (front only) and have the new brakes put on the spindles, but I am needing some help with the new master cylinder and how it ties into the distribution block and proportioning valve which came with kit- Anyone have any flow diagrams which show how all of these components tie together? The disk brakes are not a Granada conversion, but the correct ones for a '67 mustang. I have a new master cylinder and proportioning valve, just curious how to tie these in and if I need to purchase a new distribution block as well.

Thanks-

[email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just did this swap on my 69 this weekend and I had to read that part of the instructions like 3 times before it made sense. No flow chart, but here is the info from my instructions:

Disconnect the brake tube leading from the rear brakes at the distribution block.

Connect the outlet of the residual pressure valve to the brake line coming from the rear brakes.

Connect a short length of brake tube from the rear brake outlet of the distribution block to the inlet of the proportioning valve-residual pressure valve assembly.

Hope that makes sense!

You shouldn't need a new distribution block. Atleast I didn't anyway.

Good luck getting the lines all screwed back in, my fingertips are still sore :happyhapp. It is well worth the effort though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work tonight and then am off for 3 days- hopefully I can get it all ironed out before the weekend- thanks for the help- if anyone has diagrams of the brake lines, please pass along- :bigthumbsup

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts