Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
finally got my engine running broke in cam no problems, car idles really nice at about 600rpm great at the back but the rollers make a clacking sound i thought they were hitting the covers so i removed them and let it run for a few seconds but the clacking is the rockers! i have had a go at adjusting them a couple of times but it seems to be down to feel , is zero lash up and downd movement or when the push rod no longer spins freely in your fingers/ any help would be awesome.

289 ci
afr 165 58cc
comp cams 268 H hydraulic
comp cams ultra gold roller rockers
shelby dual plane
autolite 4100 1.12:headscratch:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
hi all,
i have had a go at adjusting them a couple of times but it seems to be down to feel , is zero lash up and downd movement or when the push rod no longer spins freely in your fingers/ any help would be awesome.
The backlash is going to depend on if you are using solid or hydraulic lifters. With solid lifters there will be more lash and with hydraulic less lash. You want the push rod to be able to spin that assures no binding will occur.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
aluminum roller rockers will be a little more noisy than stock, but adjusting will help. when they no longer spin freely, you will feel them get snug, then 1/2 turn.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When i put roller rockers on my car i thought something was wrong because i couldn't get them to quiet down. After adjusting them several times and then talking to some people i discovered that the rockers will just make noise. To me it sounds like they are loose but i know the are all adjusted correctly. Don't worry about it there is no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts