Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My brake lights quit working and I trying to find a new pigtail connector. I can't seem to find this on CJ Pony Parts or other sites. I have posted an image below.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dan
mustang break pigtail needed.jpg

·
Registered
4,639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
@Hangtimegolfer

Welcome to AFM!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
How much do you know about electric connectors? Looks like a wire just pulled out from the contact inside the plastic connector half. You may be able to fix this. But you have to be very gentle with everything. The connector will have some lock tabs, open them up and pull on the plastic to get the halves apart. Find the contact missing the wire. It will either be a round nose pin, or a socket like the end of a pipe. They both have a 'finger' that is bent just a little to catch the plastic to hold it in place. You need to get or make a small lever to push that 'finger' back in and push the contact out the bottom of the plastic. Then solder the wire to the contact. Then just push it into the plastic and it should lock back in place. This can be a pain in the butt. There are special tools made to do this, I have tried them and they just don't work on these old connectors, not the same standards for sizes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all. My brake lights quit working and I trying to find a new pigtail connector. I can't seem to find this on CJ Pony Parts or other sites. I have posted an image below.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dan
View attachment 777442
Here's some sources....
Wiring Products LTD.
www.wiringproducts.com
Sparks, NV 800-549-0243

Page Auto Supply
www.clipsandfasteners.com
714-666-2959

The Repair Connector Store (Voyager Enterprises)
www.repairconnector.com
Fresno, CA 559-824-1574

Waytek Wire
2440 Galpin Court, Chanhassen, MN 952-949-0765 800-328-2724
Thanks so much for your help sending the sites. I am in contact with them and hopefully will find the part I need. Have a good day!

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much do you know about electric connectors? Looks like a wire just pulled out from the contact inside the plastic connector half. You may be able to fix this. But you have to be very gentle with everything. The connector will have some lock tabs, open them up and pull on the plastic to get the halves apart. Find the contact missing the wire. It will either be a round nose pin, or a socket like the end of a pipe. They both have a 'finger' that is bent just a little to catch the plastic to hold it in place. You need to get or make a small lever to push that 'finger' back in and push the contact out the bottom of the plastic. Then solder the wire to the contact. Then just push it into the plastic and it should lock back in place. This can be a pain in the butt. There are special tools made to do this, I have tried them and they just don't work on these old connectors, not the same standards for sizes.
Thanks - I will give this a shot. Thanks again for your idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts