Ford Mustang Forum banner

1967 Mustang build

734 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Driveway
First, hi to all. Im new on forum so plz dont judge me if i ask somethig stupid. I know this question is often, but im tired of searching for answer. I need to know, how much will it cost to build body of ford mustang 1967 fastback, then how much will cost for interior and if u can tell me approximately how much money ill need to build whole car? Sry again, i know this is stupid but ill appreciate if anyone ansewer to me.

P.S. My english is probably broken so excuse me for that.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
First, hi to all. Im new on forum so plz dont judge me if i ask somethig stupid. I know this question is often, but im tired of searching for answer. I need to know, how much will it cost to build body of ford mustang 1967 fastback, then how much will cost for interior and if u can tell me approximately how much money ill need to build whole car? Sry again, i know this is stupid but ill appreciate if anyone ansewer to me.

P.S. My english is probably broken so excuse me for that.
It's really a moving target and depends how much you can do yourself, how much work is required, and how fancy you want to get. If you're paying someone to do it it's going to be much more expensive than doing it yourself.

To do a complete for bodywork and paint if a shop is doing it, assume about $10k to be safe. If you need mostly just paint it might come in a little less, maybe $5-8k.

Interior can cost a few thousand depending on what all needs replaced or repair.

In general, to do a good restoration you should plan on dropping $10-20k if doing it yourself. If you're paying someone to do it, then at least double those figure. You're looking at $40k plus.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
See less See more
Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

but here are some IMHO general/Typical values:

Paint $3k+ bodywork
Upholstery $1k
Glass $ 800
Chrome, trim & misc $1000
Engine/cooling system/Etc $ 3500
Trans $1000
Driveshaft/u-joints/yoke $ 300
Differential $1k
Front suspension $1k
Rear suspension $ 500
Brake system $1000
Exhaust (including headers/manifolds) $1200
HVAC $1500
See less See more
Well... I dont need it for race or something like this. I want that car since i saw it. Then i saw movie and told myself : u will drive Eleanor one day.
So if i start with building that car it will be just for daily drive, for my pleasure and love i have for this car. Asuming of that i dont need real stuff, fiberglass will be fine. But if i start building it, it must be perfect no matter how much time and patientce ill need to invest.

So let me explain where form i am and what is my plans. Im from Serbia, small country in Europe. I know in America is usualy to see this car on streets every day, but hire si rly rare, especialy classic Mustang. Hire repairman is not that expensive, but still can do fine job, and still lot of work i can do myself. Im planing to buy every single part from some vendor in America, transport and do all the work hire (ofc it must be all legal). For begining it will be 67, but i heard and read that it can be tuned to look like Eleanor (i meaan in building phase), but ill be satisfied just with 67 if i cant manage to do it. Im still in phase of learning about building or restoration jobs, so i cant say when i could start with this. So i hope ill find hire all knowlege ill need, at least theoretically.

Let talk about prices. I need to know how mutch money ill need just for body, fiberglass ofc but good quality. I checked some sites like Dynacorn, CJ Pony Parts and lot of others vendors... But i cant know for sure how mutch it will cost for everything at the end. So i just need to know approximate price only for parts. Second, what i will must to do to make sure that car will be safe for driving, bearing in mind that car will be hand made. And last thing, can u tell me where i can find all parts listed one 67 or Elanor have on herself.

I know in this post i made a lot of serious mistakes, but as i said my english isnt perfect but i think all of u can understand pretty much everything i wanted to say. Tnx!
See less See more
You are doing fine with the English. You are asking some questions that just can not be answered. We have no idea what parts are rusted, bent, broken, not correct, etc. Normally it is a wild guess as to how much effort and time and money it will take. I thought I would have my '66 on the road in 3 months, that was 29 months ago.

And you want it perfect! That will be hard to do since most all of these cars have lots of hidden problems and rust. The best advice I could give at this point is to find someplace about the size of a 3 car garage, take the car totally apart, have the body properly media blasted, dipped for rust, and primed. At that point you can inventory the problems and have an idea of cost and time and money. Then at least double that.
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.