Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 V-8 car (coupe). It has drums all around, but i have the parts to do the "GRANADA SWAP". One question i have is, My car is equipped with a dual bowl master cylinder, a proportioning valve, and a brake pedal that has the "DISC BRAKE" insignia in the middle of it. Does this mean that i can use the existing proportioning valve, and the existing dual bowl master cylinder, or do i need different ones?

·
Registered
657 Posts
If a Disc brake pedal/Car it wiill have a Midland Booster between the firewall, and Master. No Booster?? If not then you have a Mixed parts--Who knows what- Mustang that has been Rigged to fit what ever variety of brake parts.

Now you want to add to the equasion of the Granada brakes, WOW More Mixed parts.

So to ask what do I have, You will need to post many pictures, all the part numbers you can find, then we can try to help you install a Braking System that won't kill you, or our Kids.

If you install the Granada Spindles, you will be taking off better Disc Brake spindles than you are installing. Yes, those C6OA Spindles on there right now will receive the K/H 4 Piston per caliper Disc Brakes PERFECTLY.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Factory spindles....

Ok, so i will check the existing spindles for a part number to see if they are the ones you referenced. If this is the case, i would love to do it that way.

Lets say, to keep it simple, that i have the spindles you referenced. Besides the caliper, what hardware would i need to build the complete wheel? I can go in later to complete any plumbing needed, but lets say to get a caliper, bracket, and rotor set on the car, what parts would i need.

Thanks in advance..
SSG Matty
Iraq/Afghanistan/Retired... In that order

1 - 4 of 4 Posts