Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 coupe with a turn signal hood that I assume is factory but cannot verify. The top of the hood is in decent shape with some surface rust but the underside on the lip is rusted through. Hood is still structural and latches just fine though. I'm wondering if anyone bothers to repair these things. I'm not interested in doing the work myself but would like to keep it out of the trash heap if anyone wants to take this repair on.

Photos included.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have a 1967 coupe with a turn signal hood that I assume is factory but cannot verify. The top of the hood is in decent shape with some surface rust but the underside on the lip is rusted through. Hood is still structural and latches just fine though. I'm wondering if anyone bothers to repair these things. I'm not interested in doing the work myself but would like to keep it out of the trash heap if anyone wants to take this repair on.

Photos included.
Hi, First, it is repairable by a crafted shop. At what cost, that's another question. OEM is always better than an import repo. The problem is getting it advertised to the largest segment. This forum is a good start and there are other popular mustang forums, as well. Perhaps, a swap meet? Advertise on C/L? Good Luck!

·
Registered
351 Posts
With that damage I'd buy new, repo has come a long way and you can get some quality parts, and a good body and fender guy can make anything work.

or you can splurge on dynacorn or OEM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts