Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find a brake booster that will fit in place. i have a '67 coupe with 351c, manual trans. i took front spindles and disc off my old '72 grande(body was junk). i did not have enough room for the master cyl/booster off the '72. so i am just running the discs now off a dual master cyl with no booster. i dont feel like my brakes are sufficient tho. just wondering if anyone knows of a booster out there that might be smaller and what all i need to add this. thanks

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You might try MPB Master Power Brakes - Terms of Use
I thought they had a universal type 7" booster for the '67/'68, might give them a call. I take it the factory large Bendix type booster won't fit with the 351C and manual trans?
Jon

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I think Jonk answered the question. Look for the early 68 style that offered dual front disk rear drum. The bendix style is the smaller size if I'm not mistaken. Also Advance carries it for a lower price....but you have to ask for the best quality or they will automatically give you rebuilt.:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
rpmcarter, I wish I would have know that, I bought a rebuilt bendix unit from Advance for $115 w/core charge since I didn't have a core and painted it semigloss black. I had to find someone with an extra spacer to mount it was the only thing that held me up. Does the best quality one come with the spacer on it and is it brand new?
I will shoot you a PM, I'm going to Kingwood beginning of June to visit MIL and SIL.
Jon

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the midland booster in my 67. I used to have a 351C in as well but with a C6 auto. I can't think of any reason a manual would have made a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts