Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 67 mustang coupe and was wondering what size rims and tires i could run with it. the front i would like to keep as a 14 but i just put granada disk brake spindles on it and the stock steel wheels dont fit. on the rear of the car i have a ford 9 inch out of a 57 ford and was hopping to run a 15 inch. i was looking into the torq thrust wheels. would anyone know if 14 by 6 torq thrusts will fit over the granada calipers and rotor? and based on my car being a 67 with a 57 rear end does anyone know how wide of a tire i could run in the rear a 15 by? also the 57 rearend is about an inch and a quarter to inch and a half narrower then the stock 67 8inch rearend. help would be appreciated since i am new to all of this

thanks nick

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can't say if 14x6 Torque thrusts will fit over the brakes... no experience there. At the rear, if the axle housing is narrower, the problem isn't going to be wheel diameter so much as it will be the offset. You are going to have clearance problems with the tire rubbing the front inside of the wheel house, and maybe the leaf spring. You can probably solve that with a spacer, but might be some trial & error.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nick,

You may need to use the Cougar caliper, or upsize your rims to 15", the 14's will rub the granada calipers.

As for the rear end, that is quite the setup... but blea9082 said it best... Looks like a little work ahead of you ... good luck with your ride...

You can always try Marlon at the Flyford website if you have anymore questions like that, he is an expert in that area. He is a member on this site, so you could try him by pm too... PM Flyford

Good luck!!

Gary
The GOBOSS of the shinier GO site GrabberOrange.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts