Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my radiator, its been over heating all the time. My car a SBF 302 1967 mustang, any good links to a resonable radiators . I was think of a aluminum radiator off ebay. Any input on any ideas. Thanx

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought one of those aluminum ones off Ebay for less than $200
I am impressed with the quality and operation.
BUT.... I did have to dimple the strut rod bracket for lower hose clearance

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
mustangsteve.com has some of the best radiators for cheap imo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys reconmind a ebay radiator. They seem to kool alot of power and seem well priced for the buck. What radiator did you buy hypostang off ebay?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The MustangSteve radiator is better made and has perfect welds for $199. You will not get a better deal off of eBay for the quality and price. There are some for 180 on Ebay but look at the filler neck construction and the top cap.
I have the 20 inch model in our 66 and today was 100 degrees. The only time the electric fan would come on (190 set point) was at stoplights.
Yeah, I am 1 happy customer and it looks very cool too!
aluminumradiators

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll have to get back to you on exactly what I bought from ebay
but after checking out mustangsteve's site it looks very similar to the one he sells

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Hello Silver n Black,
Before you replace the radiator be sure you need to.
Of course if it has leaks that is a different story.
Make sure the thermostat is working and also a tip from PaulS.
Watch the motor after it heats up. Give the car a rev and see if the lower radiator hose starts to collapse. Because of the bends in the lower hose, they install a spring to keep the hose from sucking into itself thus causing low flow. I don't mean to imply that you don't need a radiator but I always try to look at the simple little things first. Respectfully Print Dad

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
yea i chk the mustang steve web cite and there sold out. How much HP do you think the radiator would support.
I emailed him last week and he said they will be back in stock soon. He may have just not updated the website yet. Drop him a line and ask, he is a really good guy and will reply back quickly.
I have read the 2 row aluminum radiators will handle just about anything you throw at it. I have a built 289 and it does not get hot at all now. You definitely need good cooling with Fresno heat!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i was looking into a new radiator as well. i have a 67 fastback with a 428 and the temp guage never leaves the right side. any idea if the above mentioned radiators will work, and if not are there any suggestions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts