Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an aftermarket classic am/ fm radio specially made for a 67 Mustang and a separate CD changer. The CD changer is in the trunk. For the life of me, I cannot determine what is causing significant static with or without the vehicle running. I've already tried a new antenna and I get the same static. So, it's not the antenna. Some folks have said that its the aftermarket radio. But I called the shop who makes them and they say they've sold tons of these units and have had virtually no complaints. They say they'll replace if I return. But I really don't think it's the radio. I think something in the vehicle is casuing the interference. I had a friend install the unit, perhaps he messed something up. Not sure. Ant ideas ??

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I can't think of anything that would cause static with the engine off. Do make sure that the radio condensor is present and hooked up at the voltage regulator.

I can tell you that if the radio is a Custom Autosound............good luck! They are a P.O.S. and fail often. Some are defective to begin with. Unfortunately they are the only ones who make a radio dedicated to the old cars so they have the market cornered and no reason to make a better product. If you read reviews of them out on the web you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Been a long time since I had this type of issue. Try an inline filter. But as stated before that is usaully associated with a "buzzing noise" while the car is running. But I guess it is possible that you are having a grounding issue that is causing the static. Also check the antena connection if loose it could cause tis as well. So that I have nothing more! Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.