Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently rebuilt the front suppension on the convert. with a kit from CJ.
There is no grease fittings on the bushings and I think I am hearing a squeek now after a few hundred miles.
Did Ford build the car with NO fittings?
What is the right way to fix the problem short of cutting into the shock tower?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Been a long time but their is a tool to grease them i think. Not 100% But i have one some where or saw one somewhere. But if memory serves me they make regular bushings for that application. Not 100% sure but someone makes poli ones. Like i said its been a long time. MOOG makes a kit that uses standard upper bushings.

http://www.lamustang.com/ShowItem/108014 1967 - 1973 Mustang Front Suspension Kit.aspx

Now i remember. Their is a plug in the upper collar. And a special tool to grease them. Its a 90* angled fitting that allows you to grease them. Now moog makes a conventional set of upper bushings that replace the SQUEEKY ONES. Peace tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The ability to grease them is based on the caps. Some don't have tapped holes for fittings and some do. 90 degree short fittings get me there. I always grease EVERY new part before hanging it on the car. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The ability to grease them is based on the caps. Some don't have tapped holes for fittings and some do. 90 degree short fittings get me there. I always grease EVERY new part before hanging it on the car. hope this helps.

ME TO but these new cars have made my GREASE GUN OBSOLETE. Peace Tom.

Yes i was not sure if all of them had those plugs in the caps. Most of the ones i serviced years ago did. But like you said it all depends on the caps, Thanks:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts