Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 mustang convertible.It is white with a black interior with an automatic transmission.I was trying to find other info about this car(color ,trim, trans ect.). My problem is that they replaced the door with the plate that tells you all of this info so all I have to go on is the vin # plate.Does anyone know what the other numbers and letters mean next to and below the vin. On the right of the vin # I have 76A___M____320. Below the vin I have the letters PT_____RM .What do these letters and numbers mean? If anyone knows let me know. Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My data plate that is on the door is the wrong one for the car.I ran the data plate and the door came off of a 1968 hardtop mustang with a diamond blue exterior.So they must have replaced the door.That is why I am interested in the other numbers and letters next to and below the vin number.I think that is the only way to find any other information about this car.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:) It sounds like you are describing a buck tag. If it was attached to the inner fender near the passenger side hood hinge, that's what it is. The RM is rocker moulding and the PT is the power top option. 76A means standard interior for a convertible, M is Wimbledon White, and the 320 is the rotation number, which doesn't really mean anything. It's just saying that this is the 320th car that they built that day. On a 67, like yours, you can go to ::Marti Auto Works - 1955 - 1989 Ford Parts and get a Marti report, which will tell you everything that you could possibly want to know about the production of your car, as in, scheduled build date, actual build date, what options in came with, how many they built like yours, etc.... Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Quote: and the 320 is the rotation number, which doesn't really mean anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It actually means which shift rotation the vehicle was built during.

The assembly line keeps track of how many vehicles are built during any given shift rotation and stamps the buck tags accordingly.This is how they also kept track of shift production.

Note: In early January 2003 when I visited the Wayne MI assembly plant they were building 2 Lincoln Navigators for every 8 Ford Expeditions and pumping out anywhere from 550 - 625 vehicles per shift ROTATION of 10 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.