Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of my restomod of my 67 coupe, I am having a tough time finding the Power Brake Booster (w/front disk brakes) for my stang. All the local part stores (AutoZone, Adv, Orielly) list the rebuilt Cardone part #50-6201 with the master cylinder. The problem is none of the parts wharehouses nor cardone has the booster in stock.

Is there another one you guys recommend that is within the same price range of the remanufactured one from cardone because the one from MU or CJponey is $100+ dollars more for arebuilt one.

Thx

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
call up CSRP. To add a booster to their disk brake kits was around $100.

·
Registered
657 Posts
In the process of my restomod of my 67 coupe, I am having a tough time finding the Power Brake Booster (w/front disk brakes) for my stang. All the local part stores (AutoZone, Adv, Orielly) list the rebuilt Cardone part #50-6201 with the master cylinder. The problem is none of the parts wharehouses nor cardone has the booster in stock.

Is there another one you guys recommend that is within the same price range of the remanufactured one from cardone because the one from MU or CJponey is $100+ dollars more for arebuilt one.

Thx
You need to be thankful they did not have the Factory Correct Booster. Had you bought it, it will not fit your pedal (If you have non power brakes at this time).

If you do have Factory Power brakes, then the "will fit-Will work" boosters will not fit the Factory Pedal.

So Know what you are doing is a BIG plus, Many Vendors selling "Will Fit Boosters".

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
831 Posts
Avoid AutoZone, Advance, and the similar big box stores. To put it bluntly, they sell crap. Buy oil there, and maybe filters, but not parts. There are many places that specialize in parts that fit your car such as NPD and Mustangs Unlimited, just to name two. Also, their people are at least semi-knowledgable about Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts