Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm a long time reader, but first time poster

I am in the process of re-doing the steering system on my 67 coupe and its been nothing by headaches so far. I initially wanted to just get my long shaft steering box rebuilt, but after sending it to Precision Products (www.stangerssite.com), I havnt been able to get a hold of them for a month! He said he was a little backed up when I sent it in, but not returning a single call is ridiculous.

I've decided to just bite the bullet and go with a complete rack and pinion setup. I've been doing a lot of research and I've got a couple last questions before I can make an order.

How are Flaming River's manual R&P setups? I have read countless terrible reviews of them, but they are all dated back to 2005. Have they improved their design in the last 6 years? One advantage of FR is that they will accommodate my Granada spindles. They also include a tilt column for $270. ($1870 total, free shipping)

TCP looks great too, but they said I would need to buy new spindles, their columns cost $500, and shipping adds $150.

(I'm of course open to other Ideas too. Maybe utilizing the stock column?)

Thanks in advance for the help!!

-John

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another option to look in to is Borgeson. Power steering using most of your stock components, but without the cylinder and hoses under the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, but I've got my heart set on a manual system. I've heard too many headache stories of powered systems and I'd like to keep things simple.

I've never had a problem navigating with manual steering so I figured, if I dont need it, why risk the headache ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts