Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this setup and if so, how do you like it? I've read you can manually shift your tranny with this, but I can already manual shift with my 66 C4. Just want to see if it's really worth doing this. PaulS gave me some info but I want to hear from people who have personally experienced with this small mod. Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Has anyone done this setup and if so, how do you like it? I've read you can manually shift your tranny with this, but I can already manual shift with my 66 C4. Just want to see if it's really worth doing this. PaulS gave me some info but I want to hear from people who have personally experienced with this small mod. Thanks.
YES,

If you have a C4 Valve body out of a 67 (1-2-3 Shift), bolt it in the 65 66 C4 which is 1-DR-2).

You will have the bang up shifting.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES,

If you have a C4 Valve body out of a 67 (1-2-3 Shift), bolt it in the 65 66 C4 which is 1-DR-2).

You will have the bang up shifting.

Dan @ Chockostang

Isn't DR the green dot'? My shifter is labeled as 1, 2, green dot and when I shift from 1st to 2nd, it acts like a 2nd gear, rather than the DR does.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If, Memory serves me correctly, The early C4's were --From the Bottom, !st, then Drive, then 2Nd.

If yours is not this way, then it has a Later Body.

If, your Green dot is right after N, next down, then you have ???? Won't go there.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahah. It's a 66 Mustang, and everything is original as far as I know. It goes from PRN(Greendot)2,1. Usually when I drive around 40 and shift from 2 to D, I don't feel any gear changing.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dan

My bad. You're right. It goes from bottom to top, L,green dot, white dot, N,R,P. If that white dot is 2nd gear, it sure doesn't act like it. Seems like it acts more of a DR gear.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
The green dot and that other one are both Drive except... The green dot starts in 1st gear, the other one starts in 2nd. At 40 MPH they will normally both be in 3rd gear. Green didn't mean enviro-wacky in those days but just the opposite. Green was where you were expected to normally have the shifter. The 2nd gear start was mostly for driving when the streets were slick; i.e. in snow.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotcha. I use L since that acts like the 1st gear, and then I shift it to the green dot which I can tell it doesn't act like a 2nd because it has a slow take off when shifted and then it kicks in.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The green dot and that other one are both Drive except... The green dot starts in 1st gear, the other one starts in 2nd. At 40 MPH they will normally both be in 3rd gear. Green didn't mean enviro-wacky in those days but just the opposite. Green was where you were expected to normally have the shifter. The 2nd gear start was mostly for driving when the streets were slick; i.e. in snow.
Correcto--Changeo--.

Dan @ Chockostang

1 - 9 of 9 Posts