Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , i been working on my 1967 for a year so far...
Im doing a full restomod not to crazy but with a few good mods .
I have a holly red fuel pump with a regulator , once i mount the return line to the tank where on the front i conect the return line , to the regulator (wich brand and kind ,model etc) im a lil lost and everytime i start the car and its in idle i can hear the pump dragin because its building too much pressure , folow...... because no return line . . . ..
If anyone out there have a solution let me know . . . . . .

·
Registered
324 Posts
Holley red fuel pumps only put out 5-7 psi. You dont need a regulator with it. Most carb needles will hold 7 psi without being unseated by the pressure. Your Holley pump has and internal regulator piston and spring that diverts fuel back to the inlet side of the pump when 7 psi is reached. You do not need a regulator or return line. And they are usually noisy and will sound like they are bogging down when max pressure is reached.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Pacus90, that can't be your car in your Avatar pic, there are no hills that steep in Florida to get that kind of air!!! :)

I don't know why, but it seems hard to make a quiet fuel pressure regulator. My Dad has a 1950 Shoebox, and the regulator is louder than the McCullough supercharger! It is not in a good place though, right on the firewall. He intends to move it, but something always gets done first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts