Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I agree, get the car towed. It would be worth the expence. There may be damage to the brake system that could be overlooked or fail due to fire weakened brake lines. The master cylinder and all of the brake system routing is under the hood. The money that you are trying to save, may turn out to be a financial disaster if you have a wreck.

Medical expences, law suits, injuries, ect. What about insurance? The risks are too great. Just get it towed to a place where you plan on working on the car and then you won't be under any pressure on how to go about restoring your car.

It will probably cost you more to get it temporarily running where you're going to have to redo the temporary work again. Play it safe and good luck.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I found National Parts Depot to have a lot of the small parts that some resto suppliers don't offer. Their prices are at the market level.

There is a series of factory assembly manuals that are available for each year of the vintage group of Mustangs. There is one each for the Electrical, Body, Chassis, Interior, Engine and Weld/ Sealant. Each book is about 16 bucks and have detailed drawings and notes that I found invaluable. These books saved me a lot of time and guesswork when working on my 67 F/B. These are available from NPD as well as other resto vendors.

Being also married I know how diplomacy is a factor when it comes to financial issues and hobbies such as ours. I wish you luck.

P.S. A few squirts of Marvel Mystery Oil is an excellent idea, just make sure to turn over the engine without the plugs installed first of else you may encounter damage from hydraulic lock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.