Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 Fastback (6 cylinder with a 3 speed stick) that my grandfather left to me in his will. It was fully restored and has about 67,000 miles on it. It is all original with the exception of a tach, a real wooden steering wheel from an AC Cobra, a new gas tank (the old one rotted out) as well as a new battery. It definitely isn't a show car, but its a good driver. It has some chips and cracks in the paint and the bumpers have a few specs of rust on them. The stereo isn't hooked up either.

I have zero interest in keeping the car and would like to sell it, but I am having trouble finding out what it is worth. Can anyone help me with some basic prices?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Its worth about $100. whats your address I will come pay you for it and pick it up.:winks The range of price is huge. Try going on ebay and find ones you think are comparable to yours and are selling not just what people are asking. Some people over price and never sell them. Just watch several for couple weeks and see what they actually sell for. And price yours accordingly. Start high! Then you can make someone a deal and you both will be happy! Allthough I dont know how a person could have zero interest in a 68 fastback. Your sure your blood is red lol.:shrug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its worth about $100. whats your address I will come pay you for it and pick it up.:winks The range of price is huge. Try going on ebay and find ones you think are comparable to yours and are selling not just what people are asking. Some people over price and never sell them. Just watch several for couple weeks and see what they actually sell for. And price yours accordingly. Start high! Then you can make someone a deal and you both will be happy! Allthough I dont know how a person could have zero interest in a 68 fastback. Your sure your blood is red lol.:shrug
It was my granddad's car. Hel left it to me when he died. I just don't like driving old cars. I'd rather have someone buy the car who will enjoy it as I rarely drive it.

I've tried doing the Ebay thing, but just about all the cars have a V8 engine. Mine is an I6 and I'm having trouble finding prices on them. A family friend offered me $7k on the car. I don't know if that's good or not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have seen basket cases go for $5 grand, of course with better options than yours, but I think $7 grand is low for running driving fastback. But I havent seen yours. The 6 cyl in a fastback will bring price down some but not as much as if it were a coupe. The Fastback is what people pay for. Alot of people like myself dont care about numbers matching original to the last bolt cars. So a desired motor swap into a nice restored car like yours would not be a problem for alot of people. As long as the body and frame is solid no rust its worth more than that offer, in my eyes. Post some pics on here and maybe take offers on it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
7K is probably too low unless the underside is gone. It's a great starter car for FULL restoration or a great driver as is.

I'd take it to an appraiser in your area and pay the 25-50$ for an estimate. They are usually on the high side for insurance purposes, but you can ask them to appraise it for fair market value and/or quick sell.

It would sell for 7K FAST. I've seen very poorly "restored" 67 coupes go for more than that. Basically a dressup kit on the 302 and a slapped on paint job and quick interior.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice pics!!! Nice looking car fairly desirable color scheme.:bigthumbsup Has lots of options you are overlooking just because it has the 6 cyl. You have deluxe interior:bigthumbsup, with center console:bigthumbsup. Dont know if it has overhead console or not you didnt pic it. But that would be desirable also. 7 grand is definately too low:nono:. Good suggestion by Sick467 go pay for an appraisal. Will be worth it in the long run. So as the person who gets it from you wont be sittin at a car show saying man I stole this car hehehe what an idiot. I Wish I had room for another.........oh my wife would kill me, never mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pics!!! Nice looking car fairly desirable color scheme.:bigthumbsup Has lots of options you are overlooking just because it has the 6 cyl. You have deluxe interior:bigthumbsup, with center console:bigthumbsup. Dont know if it has overhead console or not you didnt pic it. But that would be desirable also. 7 grand is definately too low:nono:. Good suggestion by Sick467 go pay for an appraisal. Will be worth it in the long run. So as the person who gets it from you wont be sittin at a car show saying man I stole this car hehehe what an idiot. I Wish I had room for another.........oh my wife would kill me, never mind.
It does have the console on the roof. It has two lights and they each say Map.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Make it 8K - I'm on my way over to Connecticut:gringreen. Like others have said, definitely worth more than 7K even as an I6. Could be some rust hiding, especially if that car is from your neck of the woods. Even then I think you are still north of 7K. I was just looking at a 65 A-code in Phoenix that didn't even have a drive train and needed lots of body work. Guy was asking a ridiculous 11K and I think he got close to that in the end.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
If the floor pans and cowl are not rusted out 8k to 10k is a real good guess on pricing.When i sell a car i always price it higher then i want and let them talk me down so they feel like they got a deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It looks nice - it seems to be a 67? Bit blurry but it looks like 67 side scoops and 67 deluxe interior...worth more than 8K for sure!

·
Registered
329 Posts
12-18k depending on condition, and the market

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
She sure is pretty, but I can tell you right now, that steering wheel isn't from a Shelby Cobra. It's a Grant "Nostalgia" series steering wheel. Probably the most popular aftermarket steering wheel for classic Mustangs.

Wish I had the money, I'd buy her.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like a nice driver, wish i had the money otherwise i'd put a bid in on the car. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
While I believe the car is a 67' as a few people have told me. I have it registered in CT as a 1968. Oops!

I've got it up on Ebay if anyone is interested.
Ford : Mustang | eBay

LOL ....didnt take you long to learn???? 16k??? I would buy it but I'd need to be at the 8500.00 mark, nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I would suggest my offer here stands. I don't do ebay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts