Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with starting my 68 Stang Conv, 289, replaced solonoid to no avail, tracing all wiring, seems as if the relay connections have went bad. Anyone know of a site that has good wiring diagrams I can print out to troubleshoot my problem?

thanks

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) :welcome: My first, gut-level sort of impression is that you have a neutral safety switch problem. If you have an automatic transmission, that is. But, if you go here The Care and Feeding of Ponies and type 'starting' into the search, it will show you the starting system for a 66 mustang, with a diagram of just the starting system. This system is the same as a 68. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I agree they are not much different than the earlier ones but one of the featured threads of Classic Tech (up at the top) has a link to the '68 diagrams: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...1964-1968-mustang-wiring-vacuum-diagrams.html

E4 is a pictorial drawing of how the solenoid area is wired. E5 is the actual electrical schematic of the same thing. The wiring is much the same but I recall that the wires all run under the radiator instead of part of them going down the right inside fender.

·
Registered
51 Posts
a good thing to have for anyone that does their own work is the clifton book for your car. you should be able to pick one up at any auto parts store. They are only like $25 and they can tell you any thing you need to know about your car. you can take your car apart and put it all back together without missing a beat.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:) This thread is a year old, guys. :) I'm pretty sure that the original poster has either solved the problem or sold the car by now. :gringreen

·
Registered
460 Posts
IMO, Having good content on "every thread" is a better idea than leaving them gather dust without good replies.

That way when people search a topic they can access all sorts of threads whether they are a week old or 5 years old.

Who really cares if they are a year old ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.