Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start with master cylinder issues. Then it was the brake booster that went out. Then there was the combination valve issues. So I bought a new one that is for disc/drum. Brakes working alot better so i though why not rebuild my rear drums. They turn out to be 11" x 2" small bearing drums by my measurements. Contacted Currie they responded with that these are uncommon and they don't have parts for them. So what do I do now?

Master Power has 11" small bearing drum kits for $495. Or, go down to 10" drums(cost?). Another option is that summit racing has a drum to disc conversion kit $450.

With the conversion kit will I have issues with my new master cylinder? They say remove the residual pressure valve in the master cylinder don't know if there is one. There is nothing said about the combination valve. Hate to buy another new one I don't like throwing money away.

The issues with my current drums are the self adjusters are gone and the parking brake parts are missing. I don't do any sort of racing due to the fact that my insurance won't allow it.

So what should I do now?

I currently have 14" aftermarket wheels. Will be going with 15" wheels after I get a new paint job.

·
Registered
471 Posts
From what I could find the 68 came with either 9 in or 10 inch rear drums. I would go to my local autoadvancezone and get a rear brake rebuild kit for whatever size rear drums you have on the car. You can also check some of the mustang vendors.

If you changed the rear to disc you will have to get a MC for disc/disc brakes and the master for disc/drum do not have a residual valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts