Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recently restored '68 Mustang S code fastback manual trans. with OE vacuum assisted disc brakes up front and drums in the back.

After a complete or almost complete stop, the brakes do not immediately release but will slowly do so (feels like I'm pulling away from a light with my emergency brake on). I've just replaced the front calipers and the rest of the system was completely restored about 3,000 miles ago with new lines, rear cylinders, rebuilt master cyllinder and vaccum booster. Other than a pull to the left side (which I think was caused by a the right side brake line against the header) the worked fine until recently.

Comon' you brake Gurus, any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyway you want to sell me that mustang?
Im sure if it was mine i could find a way to fix it pretty quick.
Lol j/k
But im sure someone can help you out.
But those are nice cars.
I wish i could find one.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!! seems the rear brakes are still holding for a moment,..were the rear springs and hardware replaced as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the parts were new with rebuilt cylinders. Are sticking wheel cylinders a common problem?

This is my first post. Thanks for the hospitality.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
your welcome....wheel cylniders usually do not stick.if the rear brakes do not release right it is either the return springs weak,catching on backing plate or a bad peice of hardware.i would pull the drums off and look for drag marks and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.