Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm going insane looking for this. I've got an Autolite 2100 2V carb that I've restored. When I took the car in to have it looked at, the heat choke wasn't working (it never did). The problem is that it's leaking vacuum, due to a warped housing.

I've looked all over hell and creation, local boneyards, national shipping houses and more. I even tried to buy a housing at Pony Carbs, only to be told they won't sell me one. No one makes a repop.

Two questions:

1) Is there a fix you know of to seal up a warp between the housing and the cap (gasket's in there, but it's not doing the job). Double the gasket? Sealant on the inside edge? Anything?

2) Does anyone know where I can buy one of these housings? Everyone is GLAD to sell me a new carb, but no one will part with one.

Doc

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the cover/coil, which is easy to get. I'm talking about the metal housing that bolts to the carb.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
They are both called housings, and it's unusual for the metal side to warp.

Good for you this carb was used on many different models, and not just Fords, but Jeeps and AMC's. You should get a list of the cars that used them and then go junk-hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts