Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
i have a 68 mustang, i have had the rusted dash replaced. the vin tag rusted and when the old dash was replaced old tag is gone.
i do have the door tag, and the under hood tag.
where can i get a dash tag made up for my mustang ?
thanks in advance

raf
:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Marti doesn't make them anymore after someone took advantage of that.

It's nothing I'd advertise or brag about but you'd have to make one yourself. The VIN border decal is available from NPD and other suppliers. You'd just have to get a thin piece of aluminum, cut it and bend it neatly, then stamp it very neatly. Just don't make it look like a seventh grade shop project! 3/16 stamps are available from MSC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1968 VIN plate

Veronica,

Hi, I am new to this forum and have noticed that you seem to be very good at finding information that pertains to VIN's. I just puchased a 1968 Coupe and the door plate is missing. I would like to try and get the original specs on the car using the VIN. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
386 Posts
to find out how your car came equipped originally, go to the same link Veronica suggested. Get a Marti Report. From there you can back into the original codes that go in your door data plate. Kevin Marti has the original paperwork from fFord for certain years. I believe he will also reproduce the data plate for you.

For the poster that "created" his own VIN tag, I'd be careful. Check your State laws before doing this. In most states, creating your own VIN, even if to replace the original, can be a crime.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello. :) Yup, Marti has the data from Ford on everything built after the beginning of the 67 model year. He can tell you waay more than you probably wanted to know about your car. :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.