Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing the classifieds when I saw a 1977 Mustang 2 being parted out with no engine or tranny but had the complete suspension. Its only listed for $400. I wanna put disc brakes and rack and pinion steering on my 1968 Mustang. This sounds like a good deal to me.

Is it just a bolt in thing that i could do? Has anyone ever done this besides aftermarket? Is it worth it? Does it require fabrication?

Any input would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
The 68 and the 77 are completely different cars. Yeah there will be a fabrication.

IMO you would be better off looking for conversion kits from some of the vendors of this site. They've already worked out the engineering issues. In the end you'll spend less money, time, and have a better finished project.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'll second the motion from Yadkin. While I've never done what you are suggesting, I'm sure a lot of cutting and welding, along with a lot of swearing and cussing, would be required. I put SSBC's disc conversion on my '66 289 years ago, and have had no problems. I'm also thinking about doing something about the old steering box, and have looked at both rack-and-pinion bolt on conversion kits, and the power conversion boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts