Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a painless performance wiring kit on their 1968 mustang? I would like to know how the ignition switch is wired. More specifically I would like to know the colors of the painless wire that corresponds with the colors on the original harness. The colors on the original harness that I'm workin with are- red with blue stripe, green with red stripe, black with green stripe, pink, purple, and yellow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
mustang wiring harness

I just installed a painless on a '66.All my wires were marked pretty well.The S terminal,#919 red/blu, goes to the neutral safty switch.The C terminal #932 blk/org comes from the fuse block and splits off to the charge indicater light ,then to the I post on the regulater.Post B ylw # 933 comes from the fuse block.It's possible a 68 may be a little different.Hope this helps,good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true, if the painless wires weren't marked well I would be really screwed. It seems like your set up is slightly different than mine but this is more information than I had before so thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

that's true, if the painless wires weren't well marked I would be really screwed. It seems like your set up is slightly different than mine but this is more information than I had before so thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts