Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here in allformustang.com. I'm from France and I just bought a 1968 Mustang GT390. I am currently in the process of restoring/fixing this beauty. So that's why I'm asking for your help/advice about some parts that I don't understand.

- I have a round plastic part that has been delivered with the blinkers (please see attachment Unknown plastic part). There is a reference on it: 13318-B

- Near the windshield, just behind the car hood, there is some plastic and holes. It's supposed to support something but I don't know what ?(maybe some weather sealing, please see attachments: Unknown part - Car hood 1 & 2)

And finally on the driver side door, there is to buttons. The first one is for the lights for the doors when there are open. And the second one, when I push it there is some kind of "click" behind the dashboard near the wheel. (attachment : Unknown function)

Any help or advice will be really appreciated !

Best regards
HKS

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I have no idea what that first part is, I've never seen it, and the third part doesn't look stock but a modification somebody did at some point. The clips in the cowl are from where the cowl to hood seal went. Looks like someone just ripped it off and left in the clips.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It's a turn signal cam for a tilt wheel column from NPD.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Here is a Ford picture for that first part. The Ford illustration for '68 is not nearly so clear although it shows the same general arrangement.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
The lower and second door jam button is for the optional tilt-away-wheel. I would bet you have a multi positional tilt wheel as well. There should be wiring and an activator motor and arm just under the steering column to prove this. If I get a pic of mine I'll send it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts