Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have seen a couple questions around wheel and tire size but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I would like to know what the largest wheel that could be put on a 1968 with rolling fenders or any rubbing. With this wheel size what size of rubber goes along with the lowest profile - thanks for your help

·
Registered
527 Posts
Go to www.dodgestang.com. He has a spreadsheet where guys put all of the different wheel and tire sizes on there with backspacing and if they are using spacer\adapters or not. It is a great resource and worked out perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I would like to know what the largest wheel that could be put on a 1968 with rolling fenders or any rubbing. With this wheel size what size of rubber goes along with the lowest profile - thanks for your help
Did you mean without rolling fenders? and you didn't state what wheel size you are referring to, 14", 15", 17"? stock steelies, aftermarket? what backspace? more info. please.

I can add as a start that on my '67 Coupe I used 15X7 Torque Thrust D's with 3.75"bs and 225/60/15 tires and had rubbing at the bulge of the tire front/rear but my car is lowered so that the fender lip is level with the tire tread (fender lip is 24.5" from ground). I rolled my fenders and have not had anymore rubbing. I think that if I would have gone with 215/60/15 I would have cleared barely w/o rubbing. I referred to the dodgestang chart before buying as many on there said they had this setup with no rubbing...
Jon

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for teh info so far - I also should have said without rolling fenders. I would like to put the largest wheel size possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts