Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I recently had a problem with my ignition switch. It got stuck or something when I tried starting the car and several wires that connect to the solenoid got fried. Anyway I replaced the ignition switch, solenoid, the fried wires and the voltage regulator, but unfortunately it does not start. I’m able to turn the engine by using a jumper on the solenoid, but I’m not able with the key. I’ve tested all the wires out of the ignition switch and they seem fine, I’m assuming I may still have a brake somewhere, but can’t find anything. I’m trying to figure out where the wire that goes hot when you turn the ignition switch goes to? Does it go to the solenoid? And if it does witch wire is it? The colors don’t coincide and the wiring diagram is not very readable. My thought is if I know where this wire goes I could run a new one.

Thanks for any assistance and\or suggestions.

Rick

1068 Mustang Coupe 289 “rebuilding it one part at a time”

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you checked your fuse box?

·
Registered
330 Posts
66 wiring

Check out the attached wiring diagram, if you zoom in or print them there pretty clear and include wire color chart. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the attached wiring diagram, if you zoom in or print them there pretty clear and include wire color chart. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the diagram. I found another part of the wire that was fried by the firewall, I replaced it and it started right up.

Thanks again to all,

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.