Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 mustang coupe 289 with power steering and a/c. What's the trick to removing the p.s bracket. I can get the pump off with no problem. The p.s bracket has a nut on the end of the bracket which I removed. The bracket spins but will not come off. It has a long threaded stud that goes into the head. I don't see anything else to remove to get it off. Please help if you can.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The pump and bracket look like this off the car, you may need to remove your fan shroud to have enough space to slide it off the stud sticking out of the head as I had just enough space by tilting it up while sliding it off.

Arrrggghhh I forgot you can't post pics in the body of a post on this site, only at the bottom! when will they upgrade this? You'll have to look at the pics below for reference. Once you get the pump off you'll need to lock two nuts against each other so that you can unthread the stud out of the head if that's what you're attempting to do.
Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I'll try putting the nuts on and give this a try. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts