Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1969 they say its a Mach 1 but it has a different paint job how do I know its not a GT. Vin 9f0m153478

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! I moved this to the classic section to get you some help.

Thanks for joining!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
For starters, Mach 1's were only fastbacks, so you can check that off the list.

Second, you don't have a complete VIN. There should be another number after 9F0_. As you're saying it's a coupe, I'm guessing that number will have to be a "1."

You need the door tag info to tell you what trim options it had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For starters, Mach 1's were only fastbacks, so you can check that off the list.

Second, you don't have a complete VIN. There should be another number after 9F0_. As you're saying it's a coupe, I'm guessing that number will have to be a "1."

You need the door tag info to tell you what trim options it had.
Yes your right its9FO2153478

·
Registered
500 Posts
I checked your 69's vin number in several places,,it comes up as a sportroof (fastback),,it is not a mach1...your 3rd and 4th number is 02,,that means sportroof,,a mach1 would have an 05 as the 3rd and 4th number

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I checked your 69's vin number in several places,,it comes up as a sportroof (fastback),,it is not a mach1...your 3rd and 4th number is 02,,that means sportroof,,a mach1 would have an 05 as the 3rd and 4th number
I'll say it here too. The Mach 1 VIN did not come about until 1970. In 69 there was no 05 VIN designator, just the 63C trim code. Double check your info. This is all over the internet. In checking the VIN in several places I don't know how you could have missed this :nono:

It has a trim code of 63C, it IS a Mach 1.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Lizer is right,,I researched this and found that the vin number won't tell you if it's a mach1,,,don't worry about the bitchy tone,,you got nothing on my ole lady,,, LOL,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts