Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this site and looking for some advice from real mustang guys!
I recently bought a 1969 Ford Mustang Coupe with 351 Windsor, has a 4 barrel carburetor, a true duel exhaust, and headers.. i thinks its 2 inch may be 2.5 not sure.

1-was wondering if cherry bombs glasspacks would be too loud?
a. run the exhaust all the way to the back of the vehicle?
b. or just dump it at the rear? turn the exhaust down and just cut it off there...

2. any other ideas?
also i dont want 40 series flow masters they sounds like a garbage can, not tasteful at all.

looking for something relatively cheap... i'm a college kid.

THANKSS.:wavey

·
Super Moderator
40,048 Posts
Thrush glass packs-about 30 bucks each at AZ.They are quiter than the cherry bomb brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
duel exhaust

Lemonsnurkey, I'm running 24" Allied Blue Streak Glass Packs (which are no longer around) with H pipe out the back with 70 tips. It sounds Healthy but not like Flows. You can dump down after packs like the Boss if you dont mind the dust. You can exit in front of the rear tires (SCCA) style or out the back (more pipe) turn down at the end (many Fords did) or leave straight and Tip it later.coolbeans.gif

·
Registered
363 Posts
i Have borla mufflers. they sound great of coarse they are expensive though. I have them cut just after the muffler right now and they are dumping right under the rear seats. It is pretty loud in the cabin. I love it but it gets old haha. When im around to it im going to take it all the way to the back past the bumper. Let the sound bug the guy behind me instead of buggin me.

H pipe 65 mustang - YouTube

1 - 5 of 5 Posts