Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, and i was thinking about having an alarm system and stereo installed in it. I work at Fry's Electronics, so i was planning on having them install both since i get a big discount on all the parts and labor. Before i do so, however, i thought i would get some suggestions from the experts. So here go my questions:

Alarm:
1) Is the Clifford Matrix 1X alarm system good for the car? He said it has code hopping, a 2 way responder so i can tell if the alarm goes out through the remote.

2) Would putting power door locks help make the car more safe? They said they will be able to install power door locks for 2 doors.

3) How would i protect someone from getting into the hood? I know once someone gets into the hood of the car, they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Clifford Matrix 1X Alarm = 150-40=110
Door lock Motors = $20x2 = 40-20=20
install of door locks = 110-28=82
Alarm Install = 100-25=75

Total Price for the alarm and install: $300

Stereo:
1) Fry's was going to install 4 speakers inside the car, and a sub in the trunk. 2 of the speakers were going to go in the vents by the feet, the other 2 above the read seat below the window. Are those good spots for the speakers?

2) How would i go about protecting the car from rattling. I could image with a system, the car is going to rattle a lot. I don't want to damage anything inside it.

3) I want to keep the original mustang radio in their, so i was going to have them install it underneath the glove compartment. Is that a good spot for it?

2 polk 6x9's DB691 149-74=76
Polk DB651 6.5 Coacial 100-50 = 50
install 4 speakers 80-20 = 60
custom install of speakers (cutting hols) = 80 (seems like a lot)
JVC KD-HDR50 USB reciever/HD Radio $160 (free install)
Underdash kit = 20 - 12 = 18
wiring the reciever 20-5 = 15
Install 2 channel amp 70 - 18 = 52
$4 materials fee

Total cost of stereo = $540

Overall this will cost me about $850

Also, which would be a better reciever. The JVC or the Kenwood

I plan on making a decision really soon, so please let me know all the pros and cons. I really need help on this, cause i dont know what im doing, HAHA

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for the double post, but i am planning on buying the parts tomorrow afternoon for the alarm. If anyone can at least let me know about the alarm, that would be great!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
You gotta look at it this way a alarm will only slow down a good theft.Power door locks are nothing you can slim jim the door or other ways easy.And the steering wheel don't lock the car is real easy to tow off.Get the best insurance you can afford if they want the car bad enough they will take it.If it was my car i would get the alarm best insurance i can afford and a locking shifter handle if its a auto.And i would buy a din size bezel every mustang part house sells them and take your factory radio and bezel and put it up.Get sound deading for the trunk it works wonders brands don't matter much.On the hood they sell locking hood pins or look in to getting a cable latch off something newer and making it work.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would you suggest for the locking shifter handle. I've heard about it, but what would be a good one

sorry about all the questions, im kinda new to cars, so im trying to get as much information as i can :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks awesome! I'll probably order that. Looks easy enough to install.

Thanks for all the help man! Ill keep you updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts