Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the last 1969 Mach1 vin. before change over. Have late date code SCJ-July 22.It was Metuchen built. Have seen 1970 Metuchen built Aug 2. Cant find any info on starting and ending VIN's.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
:hello: and :welcome: I know that someone will be able to help you with your question.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums... Glad you joined us!!

·
Super Moderator
39,978 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:hello: and :welcome!! , Enjoy the site! Be sure to post
some pictures into your gallery soon!! :happydancer:

Be sure to search or post in the Classic's forum!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I pulled out my Mustang Production Guide that goes by VINs.

The last Mustang listed from Metuchen has VIN 9T02F220795 with a date code of 06F. Even though that one's not a Mach with an F code 302 motor we also know it isn't the last 70 Mustang produced as they did go into July with a G date code and possibly to the first week of August with a H code. The factories normally shut down for a week for retooling although the exact dates for each factory is different and not fully known.

You can't really tell if a vehicle is a Mach or not with just the VIN although with certain engine codes some cars can be weeded out.

Keep in mind that there were several new model year vehicles produced before the current model year ended and the plants were retooled. These early cars, usually with 04G date codes even though they have a newer VIN year were for advertisements, magazines, and other publicity for the new models. Most of these were sold to the public when they were done with.

With a July 22nd code on your car there was almost another week of production before they went to the 70s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1969 Vin

I have a Pastel Grey-DragPack 428SCJ 4-speed. With a date code of 22G. Trying to find out if there is a way to see if it is the Last 1969 DragPack Mach 1. The only thing I can find out is the last VIN out of Metuchen for 1969. From my research there was only 50 4 speed drag packs and with such a late build date it should be close. ??? And thanks to Everyone for the gracious welcome.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Here's some info I can give you.

Pastel Gray was one of the least popular colors and only 3,204 Sportsroofs (ALL) were painted that color. Of those there were 1,605 Mach 1s in that color.

It breaks down even further to,

1,083 had the 3A Black Mach 1 interior
507 had the 3D Red Mach 1 interior
and only 15 had the 3W White Mach 1 interior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.