Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram of how the v-belts should go on a 302 without p/s and with a/c? I think I may be missing a pulley or something.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should say the "accessory drive belts." Either way, I would appreciate it if anyone has a diagram of how the belts should go to run the Fan, Alternator, and Air Conditioning without Power Steering. Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
O Ok! lol! sorry i was thinkin somethin different WOw!....uhh i couldn't find one that didn't have ps but had AC ill try looking some more later i feel super dumb....:doh:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) I don't really see how you could be missing a pulley.:headscratch: The alternator pulley is on the end of the alternator, the A/C clutch has the belt groove in it, the crank pulley would pretty much have to be there, as would the water pump pulley that the fan is bolted to. You should have a three-groove crank pulley, with the groove closest to the motor having the belt that runs the alternator and the water pump, nothing on the middle groove, and the groove farthest from the engine running the belt that goes from the idler to the A/C clutch, without being on the water pump/ fan belt. The only pulley that could possibly be missing is the idler that bolts to the front of the A/C side bracket. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"the groove closest to the motor having the belt that runs the alternator and the water pump"

Thanks, that may answer my question. I had p/s, but removed it because it continued to leak no matter what I tried to fix it. The belt to the p/s pump also ran the water pump, so I did not see how to remove the p/s pump and still drive the water pump. From your answer it would seem that I just need different belts and a new configuration.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"the groove closest to the motor having the belt that runs the alternator and the water pump"

That does not work because the groove that runs the alternator does not line up with the water pump.

Since my car had p/s originally, could it be that I need to replace the pully on the water pump/fan?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seems to be it. I wasn't "missing" a pulley, I just had a wrong pulley for what I wanted to do. I have a single groove pulley on the water pump. A two groove pulley would have a grove in line with the alternator to still run the water pump with the p/s pump removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.