Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had my mustang for a few years, and my old AM radio isnt cutting it anymore. I am looking to get a new radio, speakers, amp (if needed) and i was planning on putting the speakers under the window behind the rear seat. I also would like to put the new receiver in the place of the old one, it has the ac under it, so i know i will have to do some minor modifications. Its a coupe btw. I would greatly appreciate any advise, tips, or anything. Andddd this is also my first post! Glad to be on the team.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Call crutchfield....they can make a great recommendation and have been around for 30+ years!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same question. I just got my first car and it's a 1965 mustang coupe, so consider me completly ignorant in anything that can't be learned from what I have seen in the Internet. It has an old radio, which I am replacing, and old speakers. I am thinking about putting in speakers on the panel behind the dash, but I don't know if I should then by thicker wood, because I will have to cut holes in it, or if the original wood is fine. I was also thinking about putting in speakers inside the door, but that is mainly skepticism. I was also wondering if I could put one or two subs in the trunk but I would still want enough room for the spare tire etc. if I puts the subs in would I need an amp and where could I put that?
All of these projects if at all able to be done by hand I would like to do so(for $ and the experience)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
So crutchfield didn't have any info pertaining to my year. The search continues.
Not quite true, they list the Retrosound tuners...which are excellent units, the speakers are of a generic spec so if you call them and tell them the type of music you listen to...they will recommend the correct speakers....the size is literally generic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they list the Retrosound tuners...which are excellent units.
I noticed that on there website, but i am not looking for a retrosound tuner, sorry i should have made it clearer.
I did talk to a local auto expert, and they recomended putting one in the glove box instead of dash. I think thats what i am going to do. Thanks for everyones imput!:heha:

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is what the trunk in my 67 coupe looks like if you need any ideas. I have 2 6X9's in the package tray, 2 6.5" Kickpanel speakers, and 2 10" subs in the truck. Those are very common so you shouldn't have any trouble finding some.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts