Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if someone makes replacement pins for the roof side ornament on my Mach 1? I've got one missing on each side. I do presently have the interior out so I have access to the back of the roof panel. They appear to be the same as the pins around the windshield and rear window openings used to attach the clips that hold the stainless trim on. Someone told me they thought there might be a pop rivet designed to repair these missing pins. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I don't know of actual replacement pins available. The special pop rivet may exist but I've never seen it used. What I have seen people do for emblems and for missing pins for the window trim is small screws that are installed or tack welded in place.

I have to go to work and don't have time right now to look through my Mustang supplier catalogs and see or a Google search. I'll have to look later today.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
These can be replaced by using a size #4 sheet metal screw, preferrably stainless steel. If the hole for the screw is too big, go up in screw size to a #6. The head of the screw can be reduced in size, if needed, with a couple of swipes on a bench grinder. Use a small Vice-Grip to hold the screw while grinding. It'll get hot in a second.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.