Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The cable mechanism had been cut on the driver's side remote controlled sport mirror on my '69 Mach 1. I bought a new mirror from CJ's. Seeing as how the old mirror's housing is in good shape and painted, I thought I would transfer the guts from the new mirror to the old one and save a trip to the paint shop. I've separated the housing from the pedestal and have released the mirror from the housing. Problem is, both ends are too big to fit through the holes in the bottom of the housing and the top of the pedestal. It looks like I will have to remove the three control cables wither from the mirror end or from the knob end. I'm not too sure about how to do this or if it can even be done. I don't want to ruin the mirror. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Richard in Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) It isn't a big deal at all to take the cables loose from the knob assembly. You just need some needle nosed pliers to pull the ball on the end of the cable off of the plate by kind of lifting on the inner cable and pulling it out. Then, pull the outer cable housing down a little so you can get the inner cable loose by pulling it through the little slot. I'll see if I have any pictures of that. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Veronica writes: I'll see if I have any pictures of that.

That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Richard in Ottawa Canada

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.