Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wiring question on a 1969 Mustang Fastback. There is a set of wires that are coming from the firewall into a 4 prong adapter. It looks like the wire melted together a while ago and one wire is totally frayed beyond recognition. The other three wires are 1 blue with red stripe, 1 blue with red stripe, 1 black with a red stripe. DSCF1339.JPG DSCF1340.JPG I attached two pictures to help anyone interested in looking. Can anyone tell me the purpose of this wire cluster, I have looked at the wiring diagrams and can't seem to track these down.

Thanks for looking
Bob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Bob,

From the pictures, it looks like the connector is for the "Neutral Safety and Back up Lamp Switch". Do your back up lamps work? how about trying to start your pony when it is in neutral? :scratchchin

Here are the wiring schematics for the 69 Mustang that I have

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi bob.
"67sustang" is correct. I looked at my 69 fastback and it is in fact the neutral safety switch. there shoud be a flat 3 prong connection which is for the oil pressure, and water temperature. I think the parts catalog call the "engine wiring" harness. good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh the other wire i believe is black with white stripe. it's at night right now and i couldnt find my flashlight so i was using a lighter.lol. i'll write back later to verify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.