Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll
I am new to the site but not so new to mustangs. I have 1970 Mustang Fastback that my grandmother bought brand new in 1969. My father drove and i drove it in high school. I just got back from college and now i have some time to work on it. I just gave it a tune up and it runs like a champ. I put all new bulbs and fuses in the car but my turn signals do not work. My emergency flashers work but not the turn signals. I dont know if it is the turn signal Flasher or what. ANY IDEAS????

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I know someone will have an answer for you and your problem. Thanks for stopping by and joining.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Let's try this forum, you should get some answers.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:) :welcome: When you say that they ' don't work', do you mean that the appropriate lights come on, but don't flash, or do you mean that nothing happens at all? If they come on but don't flash, that's going to be a bad flasher. They cost like three bucks at any auto parts store. It should be the one numbered 552. If nothing happens at all, then you probably either have no power getting to the flasher, which comes from the ignition switch, or it's a bad turn signal switch. Or it could be that the flasher is missing entirely and the two wires are just flapping in the breeze down there. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lights work but they don't flash i am going check the flasher tomorrow and get a new one. i just bought a chiltons repair manual and i digging through the wiring diagrams. thanks for the help and i will let you all know what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.