Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
The Mach 1 is coming along. I can finally start it, but going in and out of the car I notice the rubber that attaches to the driver window is deteriorating.

In the following link it shows #4 Quarter Glass Weatherstrip that on the 7o attaches to the driver door.

Mustangs Unlimited - '65-73 Mustang Parts & Accessories Online Virtual Catalog: Page 224

The metal (steel?) is in good shape. How do I go about changing?
Does it attach with spray and what do I have to do to remove the old piece?

I know nothing on body work but would like to fix this as it is a pretty inexpensive item I think.

Thanks for looking and for any and all responses....... Print Dad

·
Registered
42 Posts
Open your door and look at the bottom of the vertical weatherstrip. You will see a seperate rubber seal attached to the door with three screws or rivets. If rivets, drill them out to remove the rubber access seal. You will see at the very bottom of the vertical window seal a single screw securing it to the framework. Remove this screw and slide the weatherstrip upward. It will help to lube this area with armour all or something similar. Same thing for putting the new vertical seal back it. Lube it up and slide it down into place and replace the screw. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello 69moneypit,
I think i understand what you are saying. I will probably work on the car later tonight.
What you write makes sense to me but I am still a bit confused.
On the door (attached to glass is a steel strip running vertical.
On the back of the strip is a rubber weatherstrip.
They sell both pieces or just the rubber which is way less $.
Because the metal is in good shape I would like to replace just the rubber. It would seem as though it is glued to the metal strip.

Perhaps when I look closer later I will understand more, but I am trying to be (Cheap) in my repairs. So much to do.

I am sorry if i don't fully understand but i will look and perhaps things will be clearer. Thanks also for taking the time to respond......Print Dad

I just re-read your post and it sounds like perhaps it just slides up the metal strip..Thanks... P.D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts