Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Chazzz
My first Ford (Mercury) was a 1957 Monterrey, Next was a 1949 Ford Custom (Woody) Wagon. In high School and freshman year of college I drove a 1968 Torino GT it was a real babe magnet. I still have my 72 Ranchero 500 it came with a 351 Cleveland which I replaced with a 5.0 EFI (lots of work).

About 10 years ago I bought a 1970 Mustang coupe, 351 Cleveland, c4, bad interior and rust. It fired right up and I took it home for $500. My plan was to work side by side with my son to restore it. It ran great and he needed a high school car so he used it as a daily driver. Unfortunately, he didn't just light up the tires but thought it was a great off road mud vehicle. After he ripped all tread off a new set of tires and a second exhaust system the car was no longer his to drive.

The coupe is now in my garage in the midst of a restoration, New quarter panels, valances, door skins, body work of all kinds, head liner, dash pad, and seat covers.

The Cleveland will be pulled and rebuilt. I am contemplating a EFI mod. Still looking for good ideas for making it bullet proof.

Chazzz

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
keep your son away from it...Trick Flow makes modern aluminum heads for the ole Cleveland, with forged pistons and rods it would be more than bullet proof

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You will find a wealth of information on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts