Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am thinking of buying a 1970 mustang fastback. Here are the options:

1970 Mustang Fastback 390 big block with 428 heads, medium size cam shaft, T5 5 speed with less than 500 miles on rebuild, 9 inch rear end, aluminum radiator, 650 scfm 4 barrel carburetor, cobra oil pan, front disk brakes, mach 1 interior in very good shape, Pertronix electronic ignition

Give me some ideas of what you think its worth.

Its not original motor nor transmission but car is very nice. doesn't have AC or Power Steering.

The vin is 0T02F164806

They are asking $25000

you think this price is worth it. If I decide to resell after awhile will I make fore money or break even and are they rasing prices by time.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,693 Posts
In the pictures it looks very nice, I am not an expert but have bought and sold more then my share of 60's and 70's muscle cars and the price isn't bad. The value won't be there like an all original car but you have to know what you want and sometimes an all original car can be a pain in the butt. If I were buying I would try to get it around $21,000 so start around $18,000 but even at asking price I don't think you'd get hurt selling. Unless you want the car don't buy it because you won't flip it for much unless you're willing to put work into it ac, power steering. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Cooper is pretty much spot on. The car with its alterations is now in a different class of sale.

Its customized so now the value is in the eyes of the beholder. I would want to know more about the structural part of the car for that price. after 15,000 and the changes... its personal no longer "actual value"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts