Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem that I need solved immediately if anybody can help. I have a 1970 mach 1 that is need of the under Dash wiring. My car has NO tach and DOES have A/C. CJ Pony Parts has one only WITH a tach. I know the connector that goes to the cluster can be modified to fit a NON tach car, but I need to know how. I am NOT planning on adding a tach so I just need to know how to disable the tach function on the new connector. I found one on Ebay that fits my car w/o modification but they guy seems to be unreliable and he wont stay in contact with me. so it looks like modification is my only choice. If anybody can tell me how to re-pin the new plug to accommodate a non tach car please tell me ASAP and if you have pics or a link to a similar post PLEASE do post them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Why dont you buy an EZ wiring harness an rewire the car? it might be the best soultion for you in the long run even though I know there is a show you will have to miss. I have all the wiring for switches, lighting, wipers, dome and doors ..... laid out and can send you every print for a rewiing your stang.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I found a harness in great shape out of a car exactly like mine with the same options. none of the plugs have been modified and nothing on it has been spliced or tampered with. Im just having trouble with the guy Im purchasing it through. I won the auction on friday and I told him I needed faster shipping so I could have the harness on time. He didnt reply till late on saturday so He wont be able to ship it till monday! I told him I wanted next day air shipping and he still hasnt sent me an up to date invoice with the new shipping added on. If he doesnt get back with me soon I really dont know what im going to do. All the other parts were shipped on friday and I should have them monday or tuesday. So im gunna go crazy if this guy doesnt come through with this harness... :banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.