Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier how much you think I should be paying for 1970 Fastback.

now There is another one I am interested in but its 1970 Mach 1 with orig motor and transmission. here are the options and also its matching number.

They asking $27000.

You think this price is worth it. If I decide to resell after a while will I make more money or break even and are they raising prices by time.

Options:

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1. This is a true (05 VIN code) matching numbers Mach 1, with a 351C 4V M Code motor with quencher high compression heads. FMX transmission. Deluxe interior with the sought after folding rear seat and trap door, as well as the Spoilers, scoop and louvers . Marti report information included. This is a 100% rust free, solid car. The motor was recently overhauled and serviced after the 500 mile break-in. New valves, seals, springs, rocker arms, cam, lifters, timing chain and gears, crank, rods and pistons, and HV oil pump. 600 cfm Edelbrock carb and new dual crossover exhaust.

Car has some modifications for overall appearance and performance, such as 429 Boss hood scoop, which is functional. Drop spindles with tubular a-arms and new springs with Baer slotted and grooved 13" disc brakes. Lock differential 4:10 rear end. Hump hugger console with Grant steering wheel. And of course, the beautiful Raven Black paint job is not stock. The car was originally yellow.

The restoration is recent within the last 4 years. This car is in great condition and is driven approximately 6-8 days a month / The car is not a trailer queen so it does have a few blemishes, is not perfect, but looks great plus drives and sounds exceptional. Everything is functional except for the interior dash clock.
Odometer reads 61,310 don't know if this is original or has been turned over since it has been restored.

Features:
Balanced and blue printed rebuilt original 351 C (Driven under 1000 miles since rebuilt)
Rebuilt FMX Trans
Locked 4:10 rear end
Spindles with tubular control arms
13" Baer disc brakes set up
KYB Gas shocks
17" american torque thrust wheels
235/45 R 17 Front / 245/45 R 17 Rear (Brand new with Discount tire warranty; less than 200 miles since installed)
Optimum Battery
Carter fuel pump
Fuel tank
Edelbrock 600 carb
Lokar throttle cable with accessories
Flaming river steering box and components

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,671 Posts
I would be more likely to get this one over the first. Asking price is normal from what I see in my area. If you sell at worst you should break even on this one, I would try to get it for the asking price of the other one and in long term you will do much better value wise with an original Mach1 then a 70 fastback unoriginal. The value of this car should only go up from here. Let us know what you do.

·
Super Moderator
40,049 Posts
Agree.Between the 2,i would choose this one.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yep...Cooper strikes again! A real Mach vs the sportsroof mod car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts