Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions... on a 1970 tail light bezel it looks like there was a molded seal around the mounting studs... see right arrow in photo. Can anyone shed any light on these? Are they available? Also was there any type of sealer between the bezel and the light panel? On this spare bezel from the donor car it appears there was some sealant, though it may not be factory... see left arrow in photo. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) There is a rubber gasket thingy that goes on the bezel, just like you thought, and, yes, they are available. They aren't cheap, though. Seems like they cost 70 or 80 bucks, but I could be mistaken about that. There isn't any type of sealer used on those. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try Classic Mustang Parts of Oklahoma, ilovemymustang.com. Their phone number is 1-405-631-1400,
1970- all models part #66-47683-2 54.95 a pair, replaces part# DOZZ-13520-A

I hope this helps.

Lanny

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Pretty much every mustang part house sells them Item Detail
there 34 bucks there might find them cheaper else where just remember if there in your state you pay sales tax on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I do have the thick rubber seals that go between the light panel and the light housing on the inside of the trunk... I'm wondering about the seas between the outside of the light panel and the chromed bezel There are definitely individual seals around the mounting studs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.