Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.

Did the Ram Air only come with a 2V engine?

This is a quote i found on the net.::
`ONLY the 2V came with the RAM air option, not the 4v, contrary to popular belief. This is something unique to the 71-73 mustangs. This lack luster combination was due to Ford having to meet new emission standards. I know it's hard to believe since you would think ford would combine the RAM air with the better engine, but you can reference the mustang recognition guide if there are any lingering doubts`

Only on 2v Clevelands, $58.24 option. That was on top of the cost of the Mach package, $181. Because you could only get RA option if you had the NASA hood, and the NASA hood only came on the Mach package.
2v Clevelands were only available if the buyer paid extra for:
Front disc brakes $62.05
FMX $203.73
2v option itself $40.79

All of this though, automatically gave you a 9" rear, in place of the std 8".
2.75 was the gear you got unless you paid $11.66 for the 3.25.

Can somebody comfirm that this is true? (And i don't know what a Mustang recognition guide is=S). Reason i ask, is because i see alot of pictures with 4V cars that got the Ram Air installed. Such as 429 CJ etc.
This may sound strange, but i am restoring a Mustang, and i prefeer not to install something on it, wich weren't an option back in 1971. My aim is to Have the car 100% Original.

I found alot of opinions on this, but i hope somebody got some facts on this, to settle the issue once and for all!

Tnx.

·
Registered
913 Posts
IIRC, Ram Air was a 351C 4V option in 71-72 (standard on BOSS) but only available on the 351C 2V in 73 (wouldn't pass emissions on the 4V). Of course, the 2V came with single exhaust, so it makes for a rather odd car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts