Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (and gals), i been thinking on going EFI on my 1971 Mustang Grande, it's got a 302 2BBL and 3sp tranny original.

i found a good deal on a 302-EFI 1988' with everything included, motor, tranny, computer, harness etc.

in your expert opinion, am i driving into a pitfall? how easy would it be to replace the original 302 carb'ed with this new engine for a monky grease crew (that's my kids and I). is it worth it?

please shoot.
regards

·
Registered
297 Posts
its totally worth it, if you ask me. the motor will drop right in, as well. the hardest part will be the wiring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any inputs on the benefits? i am thinking better mileage, and more reliable starts even in cold weather, i am right?

·
Registered
342 Posts
You know, I've had 2 65s with carbs and a 66 with a carb, all of them 289. It's nice to have the simplicity of old school. I'm in the finishing stages of a 5.0 EFI/AOD install. Old school is nice, but there is A LOT to be said for just turning the key and VROOM! the engine roars to life. The wiring can be a real challenge, but once you have it figured out, it is very nice to have instant starts and smooth operation.

any inputs on the benefits? i am thinking better mileage, and more reliable starts even in cold weather, i am right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.