Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this awesome hot rod from Almeida's Classic Cars in Turlock, Calif. about three weeks ago when I went out for the annual American Graffiti Weekend event. Hundreds of classis So. Cal. street rods, muscle cars and classics. The car has a 429 cu. in Super Cobra Jet engine with top loader 4-speed, Isky roller cam, headers, MagnaFlow exhaust, MSD ingition. Just pounds the ground -- BUT....

The engine dies at stop lights and is hard to get restarted. I'm thinking the Holley carb has gummed up from sitting up for an extended period with the gas they sell out there. Have sprayed it down with carb cleaner and will take it for a test ride tomorrow. I friend who has a Cobra replica with a hot 289 said I should replace the Holley with a Eldebrock 750 with the manual choke. Anyone out there installed this carb on their Mustang? I've heard good things about them.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
What a lovely car. I love the color scheme and love those big Machs' (429 woohoo) The car may be vapor locking too. Doesn't sound too serious. Be careful backing those 71-73 cars. As you can already tell they probably had the worst visibility of any car ever produced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The side mirrors help, but you're right, the rear visibility is nil. But she sure is fun to drive. Lots of heads turned and thumbs up from other motorists.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I've driven a few of the 351 Cleveland versions and they were a blast. It's like tucking into a time machine. Crank up the Steve Miller, Foghat, and Allman Brothers (Midnight Rider of course) and roll. Really love your car. I bet it is a fun in this day and age of fartcanned civics.:hihi:

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey :myhappydance: :happydancer: Welcome!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Proud 73 Mach 1 owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.