Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not sure, but I like it. Sounds like this is a fixer for a beginner. Something to work on that isn't too troublesome. But I've been wrong before. I'd go for it. I've always loved that model. and if the engine and trans has been rebuilt and you can confirm it, I'd say it's not too bad of a deal. You'd need more info though. How much work does the interior need? How much rust? Hows the suspension? and so on

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not a bad deal at all! I would love to know what the VIN is just to see if that 429 is the right motor for that car. Either way, it looks good but then there is no mention of the sheet metal (floors, frame rails, etc.).

I'd offer $2,400 to see what they say and go from there.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I doubt its a factory 429 car but look at the vin see if there is a C or J in it or not.But if it runs and drives and not a rust bucket i would buy it for what's asked maybe less depending how much is wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Doubt its original engine. But heck I'd buy it for that price...who's to say start at the 2400 like suggested and be willing to go to the 3. He set the price right for what your getting unless somethings hiding.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
that's what we're saying!!! HEY that gotta 429 IN IT?? LOL. Seriously the engine appears to match the description clean bay...nice clean body ...buy it have fun making her better while you drive it. IF it was a 302 my interest would drop to 2g's

·
Registered
75 Posts
definatley not a 429 car, if it were you would be stupid not to buy! don't think that was an option. this one looks really basic.... these coupes have awesome 70's lines and style and are a ton of fun to own because there not to many left. unfortuneatly if you bought for 3g'd and dumped another 10 in restorations your still left with a $6000 car. my advice is buy it, you will not regret, tons of fun and that 429 will scare the crap out of you (and your passengers!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts